FREQUENTLY ASK QUESTIONS
What is the cancellation policy?
- You can view the full cancellation policy for Livensa Living here.
What is the COVID-19 cancellation policy?
- We have created a more flexible policy, so there's no need to worry. You can find all the information about COVID-19 here.
What preventative measures is Livensa Living taking at its halls of residence?
- All of our halls of residences have specific protocols in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19, in line with regional authority guidelines.• We have placed posters and signs in all communal areas to remind everyone to follow these three rules:- Wash your hands regularly.- Wear a mask.- Keep a two-metre social distance from others.• Hand sanitiser dispensers.• We have reduced the capacity of our communal areas in line with current regional and national regulations.• We remain in close contact with health authorities to handle positive cases and carry out contact tracing.
What should I do if I catch COVID-19?
- If you think you have coronavirus symptoms, you must stay in your room and inform reception as soon as possible. The staff at each residence will follow the correct procedures, prioritising the health and safety of all our residents.
Are visitors allowed to the halls of residence during the COVID-19 pandemic?
- In line with government regulations, and to protect our staff and residents, we have cancelled all visits to our halls of residence. The health of our residents is paramount to Livensa Living and we have decided that allowing external visitors is too much of a risk.
I cannot check in on the scheduled date because I am self-isolating.
- If you have tested positive for coronavirus, or you are self-isolating because you have been in close contact with someone who has, you can delay your arrival at Livensa Living. If this is the case, please inform the staff at your halls of residence, so they can arrange another date to welcome you.
Due to travel restrictions, I need an authorisation letter to travel. Can Livensa Living provide me with one?
- In most cases, your tenancy agreement with your starting date will be valid to justify your move.
Do I need to take a PCR test before checking in?
- You do not need to take a PCR test before arriving at your halls of residence.
RESERVATION & PAYMENT
How far in advance do I have to reserve my room?
- We would advise reserving as soon as possible, to ensure you get your preferred room. We do not have a specific deadline for reservations, so feel free to make yours whenever best suits you. However, if you leave it too late there might not be any rooms left!
How do I reserve my room?
- You can reserve your room on our website (link to book now), all you have to do is follow the steps! If you come to visit a hall of residence and you want to make your decision then and there, our staff will help you to make your reservation.The first payment you must make is:• Reservation fee: €250. (Non-refundable. Please check the exemptions in our cancellation policy).You must pay the following at least 30 days before you arrive:• Security deposit: €1,000. (Your security deposit will be refunded to you once we have checked there is no damage to your room, the communal areas, or the residence in general, except for reasonable wear and tear. Your security deposit will be returned so long as you have no outstanding payments to make).• Rent for the first month.
Which documents do I need to check in?
- You will need the following documents:• A personal identification document: National ID (DNI) or passport.• A visa, if you need one to live in Spain.• A letter of confirmation of enrolment or acceptance from the university or college you will be attending.• A passport photo.• A signed tenancy agreement if you are over the age of 18; if you are under 18, this must be signed by your parents or legal guardian.• A document approving payment via direct debit, signed by the account holder.
Are there any discounts available if I pay for my entire stay in one lump sum?
- We offer a 2% discount off monthly payments if you are staying for five months or more and pay in one lump sum.
How do I make a payment?
- Payment can be made directly through the resident portal via bank transfer or by credit or debit card.
Which currency can I pay in?
- You can pay in any currency.
Is the security deposit refundable? How do I get it back?
- The security deposit is a sum of money used as a guarantee to cover any damages or losses that may arise in your room, the communal areas, inventory or the residence in general (except for reasonable wear and tear), or due to any other breach of the obligations set out in the agreement involving damage or non-payment.We will return the security deposit to you, less any reasonable costs you may incur as a result of breaching any of your obligations under the agreement, as soon as reasonably possible, via the same method in which it was paid, once the inspection referred to in the agreement has been completed on the departure date, and no later than 45 days after the termination of the contract.
How are rooms assigned?
- Your preferences are our top priority, we want you to feel right at home. During the reservation process, you can tell us if you have any preferences regarding the location of your room (on a specific floor, near a friend, etc.). When allocating your room, the Livensa team will do their utmost to fulfil your request.
Is there a minimum or maximum length of stay?
- The maximum term of a tenancy agreement is one full year, although you will always have the option to renew it. The minimum stay varies in each residence, but is generally one week.
Is there an age limit to live at the halls of residence?
- You must be over 16 to stay with Livensa. If you are under 18, your parents or legal guardian must sign your tenancy agreement.
CHECK-IN & CHECK-OUT
Do I need to arrive on a specific day/time?
- No, you can arrive on any day, at any time.
Where can I park while I unload my things?
- Please ask a member of staff at your halls of residence. They will help you with whatever you need to know.
Who will be waiting for me when I arrive at Livensa Living?
- There will always be a Livensa Living employee on reception during working hours, and a member of security outside of those hours.
What is included with the room?
- Each residence and type of room comes with a different range of services.
What is included in the price?
- The price of your room includes all utility bills (water, electricity, gas, and internet) and you won’t have to pay any extra fees for using the facilities or communal areas. We want you to feel right at home.As for room cleaning and fresh bedding and towels, please see your residence’s website.
What is not included in the price?
- • Laundry service.• Photocopy and printer service.• Car and motorcycle parking.• Kitchenware.• Bedding and towels are not included at the Portuguese residences.• Kitchen cleaning service.
What extra services do the halls of residence offer?
- • Laundry service.• Photocopy and printer service.• Car and motorcycle parking.• Kitchenware.• You can request an extra cleaning service for the kitchen or kitchenette and also for your room, whenever you need it.
Can I stay during the summer?
- Yes, you can stay during the summer.
HOW WE HELP LIVENSERS
Can I have visitors or invite guests to stay the night?
- For the safety of all residents, we do not allow external visitors due to the risk of COVID-19.Once things are back to normal, you can invite up to two friends or family members to visit. With the exception of shared rooms, you may also invite one other person to stay in your room for up to 8 nights per month (the first three nights are at no extra charge).
Can I bring my pet?
- Unfortunately, as detailed in the terms and conditions of our tenancy agreement, we do not allow pets.
Can I smoke in my room?
- Smoking is not permitted inside the building, or in the communal areas or the bedrooms. There are signposted outdoor areas where you can smoke.
What should I do if something in my room doesn’t work?
- We have a maintenance team that will be able to solve any problems you might have. They will give you 24 hours prior notice if they need access to your room.
Can I have supermarket deliveries or other orders sent to the halls of residence?
- You can have whatever packages you want sent to the residence, but supermarket deliveries and any perishable goods are not allowed.
Is there Wi-Fi internet access?
- Yes, we have 100 Mb Wi-Fi throughout the premises, so you’ll always be connected! You will also have an ethernet broadband connection in your room.It's all included in the price!
Is there 24-hour security at the halls of residence?
- Yes, our staff are on site all day. There is a concierge on duty at night and 24/7 CCTV in the communal areas.
Do I need to come and go at a certain time at Livensa Living?
- We have electronic locks and access control at the entrance to the building and for each bedroom. With your card, you can access Livensa Living whenever you need to.